ASSE Meeting Minutes
June 12, 2017
DPR Construction North Mopac
Meeting Introduction: Steven Jablon
- Chapter introductions and meeting outlined delivered by Steven Jablon
- Member and guest introduction commenced after meeting synopsis was delivered.
- Discussion of officer installation.
11:50 PM – Steven Jablon
Initial Chapter Updates & Action Items:
- SAFETY 2017 reminder was discussed
- 9/11-13 – ASSE Region III PDC in Hurst, TX reminder
- Sean Galloway as main speaker
- Regionthreepdc.com – for more information
- Region III has 15 chapters throughout the region
- We would like a strong representation of the CTC at this PDC
- Regional VP – Steven Gray was reelected.
Meeting Presentation – Region III PDC
11:45 PM – Dennis Downing & Steven Jablon
Dennis opened up the discussion with an overview of why PDCs are put on. He followed up with a web video marketing the networking purposes of the conference.
Preference is given to regional PDCs due to more relevant information to our area.
Steven gave an overview of the keynote speakers which will take place Monday and Tuesday of the conference. More speakers submitted drafts to become speakers than we had room for. Some of the speakers will be speaking at the national Safety 2017. Speakers for Wednesday can be found by following the link to register.
Steven demonstrated how to navigate the PDC website and how to register. Discussed the networking golf tournament and Monday dinner.
Pat Walsh gave a glowing endorsement of networking at PDCs and the importance of the knowledge shared during the conferences.
Darryl gave a $1000.00 scholarship to Ashely Shortz.
Ashley is getting her PhD of Public Health, Epidemiology and Environmental Health at Texas A&M University. Masters of Science, Occupational Health. She has also devoted her time to:
- Area of Study – Mechanisms of Fatigue
- Founding Member of HFES at TAMU
- ASSE Student Section Officer
- NIOSH Trainee
Chapter Updates & Action Items:
Society Proposals and Voting: David Tally
Voting announcement will be presented at the June Meeting
- Dues increase: $10/year for next 3 years: $10 – year 1, $20 – year 2, $30 – year 3 and each year thereafter
- Brand Change: ASSE to ASSP
- Not everyone is an engineer and ‘Professionals’ is more encompassing
Chapter Meetings – Upcoming: Steven Jablon
We will take a break for the summer. Next meeting will be September 18th.
Financial Statement Update: Mike Bewley
Installation of new officers.
- President – David Bollinger
- President Elect – Jacob Zollinger, CSP
- Secretary – Charlotte Kener
- Treasurer – Mike Bewley
- Delegate – Del Tally
- Delegate – Steve Jablon
Presentation of framed Chapter Charter by Pat Walsh.
- June 18-23rd, 2017
- Safety 2017
- Denver, Co. – Registration is now open.
- September 11-13, 2017
- Region III PDC will be in Hurst, TX @ Hurst Conference Center – $499
- Next Chapter Meeting: September 18th
Meeting adjourned at 12:30pm